Call in to the Students Union for more information 01905 543223

19 February 2014


 February 19, 2014
Category: Landlords

The Landlords Energy Saving Allowance (LESA) can help landlords reduce their tax bill by up to £1,500 a year.

If you are a landlord, you are eligible to claim the cost for buying and installing these energy improvement measures in your rented properties.  You can apply through your normal tax return. This Scheme will finish in April 2015. 

If you are a landlord, and you would like to make the following improvements to your property:

  1. Cavity wall and loft insulation
  2. Solid wall insulation
  3. Draught-proofing
  4. Hot water system insulation
  5. Floor insulation

You could claim up to £1,500 for each property you rent, however, if you rent out a building containing multiple flats, you can claim up to £1,500 for each flat being improved. If you are installing the energy upgrades yourself, then you can only claim the cost of buying. You can simply apply for the allowance through your normal Tax return.

For more information please visit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *